Gaming in the Apple universe now extends to tvOS, and allows developers to leverage many of the same frameworks, technologies, and concepts of iOS development to build games for Apple TV. Whether you're an experienced iOS programmer or brand new, this course will introduce you to core game development concepts while you build real games for both iOS and tvOS.
- Learn to build games for tvOS & iOS w/ 40 lectures & 10 hours of content
- Create a tvOS template for navigating between game scenes, passing data around classes & saving data using NSUserDefaults
- Build a retro 2d-style side scroller game from scratch for tvOS or iOS
- Share code & assets between a tvOS template & an iOS template
- Design physics-based environments & program simple, interactive characters
- Incorporate a property list to change variables on a per-level basis
- Discuss scoring, moving platforms, continue points, inventory & much more
Justin Dike is the founder of CartoonSmart, one of the Internet's first video training websites. He is a long-time illustrator and animator, focusing mostly on Adobe Flash, and experienced programmer with Swift, Sprite Kit, Actionscript 3, Objective C and Cocos2d. For CartoonSmart, he has recorded hundreds of hours of video tutorials, and recently published his first full length book, titled iOS Programming with Xcode and Cocos2d
. Justin has also developed many iOS games, including a side scrolling game engine. For more details on the course and instructor, click here
This course is hosted by StackSkills, the premier eLearning destination for discovering top-shelf courses on everything from coding—to business—to fitness, and beyond!