Data sets can outgrow traditional databases, much like children outgrow clothes. Unlike, children's growth patterns, however, massive amounts of data can be extremely unpredictable and unstructured. For Big Data, the Cassandra distributed database is the solution, using partitioning and replication to ensure that your data is structured and available even when nodes in a cluster go down. Children, you're on your own.
- Access 44 lectures & 5.5 hours of content 24/7
- Set up & manage a cluster using the Cassandra Cluster Manager (CCM)
- Create keyspaces, column families, & perform CRUD operations using the Cassandra Query Language (CQL)
- Design primary keys & secondary indexes, & learn partitioning & clustering keys
- Understand restrictions on queries based on primary & secondary key design
- Discover tunable consistency using quorum & local quorum
- Learn architecture & storage components: Commit Log, MemTable, SSTables, Bloom Filters, Index File, Summary File & Data File
- Build a Miniature Catalog Management System using the Cassandra Java driver
Loonycorn is comprised of four individuals—Janani Ravi, Vitthal Srinivasan, Swetha Kolalapudi and Navdeep Singh—who have honed their tech expertises at Google and Flipkart. The team believes it has distilled the instruction of complicated tech concepts into funny, practical, engaging courses, and is excited to be sharing its content with eager students.