Android is the most popular mobile operating system in the world and Kotlin has been declared by Google as a first-class programming language to build Android apps. With the imminent arrival of the most anticipated Android update, Android 10 (Q), this book gets you started building apps compatible with the latest version of Android. It adopts a project-style approach, where it focuses on teaching the fundamentals of Android app development and the essentials of Kotlin by building three real-world apps and more than a dozen mini-apps.
4.6/5 average rating:
★ ★ ★ ★
- Lifetime access to eBook with 698 pages
- Get a strong grasp of how Kotlin & Android work together
- Learn to make your apps more presentable using different layouts
- Dive deep into Kotlin programming concepts such as variables, functions, data structures & more
- Add multilingual text so that your app is accessible to millions of more potential users
- Learn how animation, graphics, & sound effects work and are implemented in your Android app
- Length of time users can access this course: lifetime
- Access options: desktop & mobile
- Redemption deadline: redeem your code within 30 days of purchase
- Updates included
- Experience level required: all levels
- Any device with basic specifications
Packt Publishing | Tech Knowledge in Motion
4.0/5 Instructor Rating:
★ ★ ★ ★
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals. Working towards that vision, Packt has published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
John Horton is a programming and gaming enthusiast based in the UK. He has a passion for writing apps, games, books, and blog articles. He is the founder of Game Code School.